The following services are included in the Adult Day Services fee:
Activities: Individual, Group and Independent activities are available for each client.
- These activities will focus on issues of social, cultural, education, recreation, behavioral management, motor skill development, community integration, self-care capabilities, personal hygiene, social support services and life skills training.
- Participants have the right to choose not to participate in scheduled activities.
- Opportunities are provided for rest or independent activity.
- Intensive therapeutic services are provided as indicated by client need and ability to benefit.
Program Staff: Program staff is specially trained to meet the Specialized Adult Day Service Program needs.
- Nursing staff including registered nurse and/or certified nurse aides are available throughout program hours for the regular monitoring of the ongoing medical needs of participants and supervision of the medications.
- Qualified Medication Administration Persons trained in accordance with state law provide medication administration.
- Life Skills Trainers, Recreation and Activity Staff are available to assist, facilitate, observe and supervise clients with tasks, classes and activities.
- Staff is available to provide basic personal care services including bathing in emergency situations.
Meals: Lunch is provided to all clients of the Specialized Adult Day Programs if they are in attendance during the lunch hours.
- Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
- The Center is not able to accommodate individuals who require feeding tubes or who have severe swallowing difficulties.
- Individual consideration will be given to individuals with other special diet needs.
- Program participants will be monitored for general appearance, condition of adaptive/medical equipment, and apparent nutritional status.